Friday, August 06, 2010

Pretend vs Reality

So I was putting Ella to bed last night. She crawled up onto her bed to discover that her pillow had been folded in half. She exclaimed: "Who did this? I didn't do this. "

I responded that I hadn't done it.

She mentioned that her next question was whether or not I had been the one who moved her pillow.

"Maybe it was sleepy bear" I suggested.

"Mom, Sleepy Bear isn't real. He can't do things."

"Oh, we only pretend that he is doing things?"'

"Yes."


It is interesting to watch a child go from having real and pretend mix together to having them separate. Why must she grow up so fast?

1 comment:

Julia said...

Wow that is a very mature comment she made. I feel like she is more mature than her age. or is that about the right age? I also love how frank she is.