Saturday, August 07, 2010

Arts and Crafts

Ella wanted to do a craft project today so I suggested some options and she chose to make a flower necklace. I traced the flowers onto construction paper. Then we both colored them and cut them out. Next I cut up straws to space out the flowers and Ella strung them onto some yarn.



Eli wanted to help with the project, but after his many fits over not being able to use the scissors I decided that this was a good project to do while Eli took his nap. He was happy to wake up and find that we had made him a necklace too.



On a totally unrelated note we went to the zoo on Monday. Yup, for those of you who don't live in Tucson you might be surprised to learn that August is NOT our hottest month. Here are my children doing their ritual pose at the gates of the zoo:



Now is the time for you to leave a comment telling me what a fantastic mother I am. And thank you. =)

3 comments:

Chris and Annie said...

what a fantastic mother you are! :P

Julia said...

You are a cute mother. Ella looks like a seven year old to me in this picture standing up with Eli, who by the way looks so pleased about the necklace. cute. just cute. I miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.