Thursday, October 07, 2010

Welcoming Fall

We recently spent a fun evening at the local elementary school's Fall carnival. We walked halfway there then boarded a school bus that shuttled us the rest of the way. I had no idea how excited my kids would be about riding on a school bus. We could have gone home happy after just that one ride.

At the carnival there were booths for games the children could play to win treats. Ella and Eli played a digging for treasure game, a fishing game, a put your hand in a bowl of spaghetti and search for body parts game, and many more.



The first thing to do at a carnival is get your face painted.
Here is Ella showing the flower on her cheek:

Eli chose to get a tattoo rather than have his face painted.
Here he is making a pirate face while showing off his pirate tattoo:


A train ride was high on the agenda since that is the motivation we used to get Eli to eat his dinner. He even got to ride on the blue train!


My daughter rode the mechanical bull!




I tried to get a picture of them coming down this slide,
but my phone doesn't take good motion photos.


They loved this obstacle course. Ella raced against her friend and Eli raced against his. They went on it over and over.



One of the booths that we had fun doing was pin the pumpkin on the patch:


Here we are with our friends lining up for the potato sack race:

Go Eli, go!

By the time we left Eli was beyond exhausted and Ella was asking when she gets to go to another carnival.

What a fun way to welcome Fall!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Comment number 1: I am jealous that you got to go to a halloween carnival. But oh wait I will be helping put one of those together.. I forgot for a moment.

Comment number 2: I had a vision of Ella putting her hand in the bowl of spaghetti looking for body parts complete with sound as well. ahaha

number 3: I love that Ella even has her hand in the air as she is riding the mechanical bull.

Comment number 4: Didn't Chris always want to be a pirate too growing up? I love Eli's pirate face.