Saturday, October 23, 2010

Announcing...

We recently welcomed a new member to our family.

Rhys Riley Williams was born on Wednesday (10-20-2010).

Chris sent out an email announcement to our families and I thought I would share it with you too. I will make my own post later...now I think I will sleep.

-Mal

Rhys is a Welsh name. It means "enthusiastic". It also sounds similar to the Latin word for laugh (risi or risum) which we thought especially fitting as Malinda literally laughed him out. Honest to goodness, no pushing, she simply couldn't stop laughing because the epidural made her legs feel all tingly and weird (everyone who knows Mal is nodding their heads right now). The OB actually told her to stop laughing because he wasn't quite ready yet. Three seconds later a baby boy popped out.

It just seemed that given the happy, rapid nature of this child's entry into this world he required a suitable name.

Malinda performed wonderfully and so far everyone is very happy and healthy and resting.

Our love to y'all,

Chris



Here are some videos:

Laughing Mal

Baby Rhys

4 comments:

Karli said...

Congrats guys! Glad everything went so good! I love the video of Malinda laughing... it is awesome to hear the swooshing noise in the background from the heartbeat monitor. You're giving me the bug! Can't wait to meet him!

Erin said...

Love the story. You look GREAT! Congrats!

Poulsen Family said...

Congrats and blessings! Hope both of you continue in health during recovery!

jenichild said...

So cute! I can't wait to meet him.