Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Two weeks ago...

Two weeks ago I had a very busy day planned. Ella, Eli and I left the house early to make it to the follow up dr appointment with Eli's surgeon. That appointment was at 8:30. Immediately after Eli's doctor told us that Eli was just fine we had to "run" to the pediatrician's office for flu shots. The flu shots were scheduled for 9:30. Next door to the pediatrician is my ob/gyn where I had a 10:00 check up.

Happily we made it to each of our appointments on time. And while Ella was proud that she didn't cry when she got her flu shot, the more exciting news came during my appointment. When my doctor asked me if there was anything he could do for me I replied that I would like to be induced as soon as possible since my husband was leaving town on Monday.

He was surprisingly accommodating. He stepped out of the exam room to make a phone call to the delivery center. Ten minutes later I left the Doctor's office knowing that I would be induced in less than two hours. !!!

I am very lucky to have such good friends here that are willing to watch my children on such short notice. I am also lucky that Chris happened to have that day and the following day off from work. Talk about amazing timing.

Well, I was induced. And we had a baby boy. Rhys Riley Willliams was born on 10-20-2010 at 18:18. He weighed 9lbs 3oz and was 21 inches long.

Here he is on his two week birthday:


Ella and Eli love baby Rhys.


Mother and baby are doing great. And now I have three kids!

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

congratulations chris and malinda. what a sweet baby boy. we are expecting baby number two in a couple weeks. mary dawn